Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Books, Film, TV and Music

Old 08-08-2010, 07:58 PM   #11
AegisReflector
Hur hur hur

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK-Skelton View Post
You know, apart from the movies, I don't think I've ever seen an episode of the original series.
I've seen a lot of DS9 and Voyager, but TNG is still my favorite.
Make it so.
The first 6 movies are basically 2+ hour long TOS episodes. I mean, Star Trek I was based off an episode called "The Changeling" and Star Trek II was a sequel to the episode "Space Seed", with Khan Noonien Singh. Then, Star Trek III and IV were basically continuing the story of Star Trek II. =P Star Treks V and VI were sequels of the episode "City on the Edge of Forever". So, basically, each movie was a sequel based off another episode, not entirely original storyline creations, which makes it like you're watching a very special episode in theaters. =P

END NERD TALK.
AegisReflector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:13 AM   #12
Michiyo
Posting Freak

Why do so many people hate Star Trek? I love it ~nyaa-nyaa 8D
Michiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 01:20 AM   #13
AegisReflector
Hur hur hur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michiyo View Post
Why do so many people hate Star Trek? I love it ~nyaa-nyaa 8D
Probably because it began as a REALLY corny show and is currently on hiatus with an ending series that sucked. =P
Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 AM   #14
VK-Skelton
Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by AegisReflector View Post
The first 6 movies are basically 2+ hour long TOS episodes. I mean, Star Trek I was based off an episode called "The Changeling" and Star Trek II was a sequel to the episode "Space Seed", with Khan Noonien Singh. Then, Star Trek III and IV were basically continuing the story of Star Trek II. =P Star Treks V and VI were sequels of the episode "City on the Edge of Forever". So, basically, each movie was a sequel based off another episode, not entirely original storyline creations, which makes it like you're watching a very special episode in theaters. =P

END NERD TALK.
Huh, that's quite interesting. Although I did get the impression that I was missing something in II, as everybody already seemed to know Kahn.
Channel 4 here in Britain is showing the Trek films in order once a week over this summer, so I've watched/rewatched a lot of the films recently.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:09 AM   #15
Michiyo
Posting Freak

I just want to say something: TRIBBLES FTW ~NYAA-NYAA! :3
Old 08-09-2010, 02:10 AM   #16
AegisReflector
Hur hur hur

Personally, the original Star Trek films (1-6) are the greats (even though 5 was bad for most people, it was still good in some aspect =P) Then, with the TNG movies, they started to get sloppy with writing and focus more on special effect gimmicks.

The new Star Trek film was excellent, however I don't really find this alternate reality thing really plausible IMO. =P

@Miciyo: Yes, "Trouble With Tribbles" was easily the best episode of TOS Season 2. =P
Old 08-09-2010, 02:17 AM   #17
Michiyo
Posting Freak

Quote:
The new Star Trek film was excellent, however I don't really find this alternate reality thing really plausible IMO. =P
It's this: http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ntinuityReboot

Quote:
@Miciyo: Yes, "Trouble With Tribbles" was easily the best episode of TOS Season 2. =P
Yeah, I want a tribble for a pet ~nyaa-nyaa :3

Oh and here's me doing the "We Come in Peace" sign ~nyaan:

Spoiler: show

Last edited by Michiyo; 08-09-2010 at 02:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:24 AM   #18
VK-Skelton
Witch

Quote:
Personally, the original Star Trek films (1-6) are the greats (even though 5 was bad for most people, it was still good in some aspect =P) Then, with the TNG movies, they started to get sloppy with writing and focus more on special effect gimmicks.

Aha! I did see the DS9 episode where they went back in time to TOS with the tribbles, Trials and Tribble-ations!

I think there was really only one great TNG film, First Contact. Although the others were by no means terrible, they just weren't that great.
Old 08-09-2010, 02:40 AM   #19
nathangonmad
Posting Freak

Although I have to disagree with OP. I agree Star Trek is an amazing frachise, the first incarnation is simply aweful, although what it spawned were simply amazing. The Next generation, Voyager and DS6 are really good series. Don't get me wrong though, I like the old films with the originally cast, just the episodes in my opinion are dire.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forsakn Wrath View Post
yea, im just going to say this once and leave

....Star Trek sucks balls

and thats all i got to say about it -.-
Fucking weeaboo ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK-Skelton View Post
Aha! I did see the DS9 episode where they went back in time to TOS with the tribbles, Trials and Tribble-ations!

I think there was really only one great TNG film, First Contact. Although the others were by no means terrible, they just weren't that great.
You really think First Contact was any good? Didn't the whole Data wanting to have feelings ruin it for you? Cause it did me. In my opinion the best TNG film is Generations, how it handles the transistion from new to old is just great. Add the fact Bill is great along side Patric Stuart and it simply makes it awesome.

Last edited by nathangonmad; 08-09-2010 at 02:50 AM.
nathangonmad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2010, 07:52 AM   #20
AegisReflector
Hur hur hur

@Michiyo: "Come In Peace" sign is actually the Vulcan V, meaning "Live Long and Prosper". It first appeared in TOS Season 2.