Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Manga

Old 08-26-2015, 07:55 PM   #1
Kotana Fan
Chinese Lucky Star lover

Well, I am curious about where do members live, and whether 《Lucky Star》Manga
is published in your country/area.
The latest published version is the Vol.9,published by GZTWKADOKAWA. I think it's because《Lucky Star》is not so popular in China mainland.

Great to see so much Lucky Star fans here.
I am a senior school student from China mainland.
My English is not very good, please forgive me if I make you puzzled because of my bad grammar.

Last edited by Beyond Birthday; 08-26-2015 at 08:07 PM.
Kotana Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 12:01 AM   #2
Snap4Life
Die strijders in het veld

glad u like it here!
anime isnt big here in the netherlands (luckily) and i think ive never actually seen or touched manga in real life haha.
i certainly do hope you enjoy your stay on the forums here.
God bless
Old 08-27-2015, 03:03 AM   #3
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

You don't need to apologize for your English. I can't speak a word of Chinese. xD

EDIT: I live in the USA--in the state of Arkansas, to be more precise. (former President Clinton's home state)

I like to call it "The Arkanshire", because Arkansas is more rural than many other states, which reminds me of the Shire of Tolkien's Hobbits.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 08-27-2015 at 03:06 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2015, 03:11 AM   #4
Kotana Fan
Chinese Lucky Star lover

Netherlands! It's not a large country, how can you watch animation?
In China, groups of ACG(Anime/Comic/ Game) fans form many "caption groups",they add captions to Japanese anime and upload they,so Chinese could enjoy the anime.

Netherlands is a small country, I think Lucky Star has never been shown on TV.Does it means you buy BD/DVD to watch Lucky Star?
Old 08-27-2015, 03:26 AM   #5
Kotana Fan
Chinese Lucky Star lover

Wow,I found my nick name is wrong!
It should be Konata Fan
Old 08-27-2015, 05:07 AM   #6
Snap4Life

Anime, aside from pokemon, is not really broadcast here in Netherlands. Shin-chan was actually banned here! haha. When anime is on tv, its dubbed in Dutch. So when I watch anime (I barely do) I watch it on the internet subbed in English or dubbed in English.
Also your nickname reads Konata Fan so it should be ok!
Old 08-27-2015, 06:23 PM   #7
Kotana Fan
Chinese Lucky Star lover

Is the anime resource rich there?
In China,animes can be easily get,.Nearly all animes shown in Japan will be translated and uploaded to Internet.Usually, anyone can watch the anime after it been shown on Japan's TV. Nearly all animes are 720P/1080P, some are BDrip.
I noticed that English version Lucky Star anime is uploaded on bilibili(A big ACG danmaku video website) Nearly all animes we Chinese watched are voiced by Japanese seiyu.I am a little curious about Which version anime do you watch, Japanese voiced or English voiced?Which do you prefer? I do prefer Japanese voiced because Japanese voiced version keeps it's "original taste?.
Old 08-28-2015, 03:05 PM   #8
brupielink
The LSSF Clockmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap4Life View Post
glad u like it here!
anime isnt big here in the netherlands (luckily) and i think ive never actually seen or touched manga in real life haha.
I beg to differ. We got quite a few conventions, most popular bookstores and libraries carry a bit of manga, and hell, we got quite a few stores (both online and on the street) aswell. All relatively cheap aswell.
Old 08-28-2015, 04:11 PM   #9
Snap4Life

^yeah sorry I should've been more specific, I live in buttf* nowhere so that would probably make some difference. Here in Maastricht I've yet to see a a place where they sell manga, and I havent seen libraries that offer it.

Also, I've never met or even seen a weeb in real life, so there's that
Old 08-28-2015, 06:32 PM   #10
brupielink
The LSSF Clockmaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snap4Life View Post
Maastricht
Whelp, not much to do about that.