Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > Media Share

Old 05-16-2015, 11:44 PM   #11
Snap4Life
Die strijders in het veld

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
I drew 2 of the banners here! I draw for a living and for a hobby.
How does one draw for a living? Also nice work man!
Old 05-16-2015, 11:48 PM   #12
gatongo
MMORPG Confidant

Thanks a lot for the kind words, guys. :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
I'd like to know more about the OC. (Yay, another meganekko!) What's her name?
Hah, I know it's impossible to tell without prior knowledge, but she's actually a he. His name is Raven, and he's a self-referential character I conceived to insert in my drawings. I ultimately want to create a webcomic chronicling the misadventurous interactions I might have with the LS cast, using him as my identity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
... :O Holy crap you are good! I should post some of my stuff too.
Thank you! Your art blows mine out of the water, though, so yes, you definitely should! Colors are seriously my kryptonite, but your work really inspires me to hone my own. :)
gatongo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:04 AM   #13
Misao
Posting Freak

Can't you like choose which banner to display on your browser page?? Did they get rid of that?

Awwww gatongo. :3

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 12:22 AM   #14
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

^ the option to choose one is still there, but "awwww i don't much care for that hat" isn't on the list. A shame, because i'd totally use that one :I

anyway, i really like the way you coloured that one Kagami picture gatongo, she's so bright and shiny :P
Old 05-17-2015, 03:04 AM   #15
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatongo View Post
Hah, I know it's impossible to tell without prior knowledge, but she's actually a he. His name is Raven, and he's a self-referential character I conceived to insert in my drawings. I ultimately want to create a webcomic chronicling the misadventurous interactions I might have with the LS cast, using him as my identity.
[Admiral Akbar]IT'S A TRAP![/Admiral Akbar] xD

Also, do Gatongo and/or Misao maintain websites or DeviantArt pages, or some other places where they post their art?

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 05-17-2015 at 03:06 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 03:45 AM   #16
Misao
Posting Freak

I have some on my photobucket under my username here.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #17
gatongo
MMORPG Confidant

Nothing like that for me. As I said, I'd only kept my art between me and my friends. This thread is pretty much my first time putting any of it on public display.
Old 05-18-2015, 12:45 AM   #18
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Nice artworks there dude! My artistic side is more to writing on the other hand hehe. But not that I'm good at it, just a hobby. I really liked your drawing style, quite nice way of drawing angry characters specially. Keep up the good work :).

~Lord
Old 05-20-2015, 10:40 AM   #19
gatongo
MMORPG Confidant

Thank you!

Just finished another small thing:
Spoiler: show

Though probably not a popular vote among purists, the notion of Kagami being a smoker has always been extremely amusing to me (hence my avatar). I can't say for sure whether I'd endorse such a choice in the official canon, but I do think her personality lends to it well, and it nonetheless proves as an entertaining concept to take to the canvas, so I wanted to draw some sort of scene that introduced the idea.

Coloring is still off-putting to me due to how much longer it takes to finish even small drawings, but it really does make them look SIGNIFICANTLY more finished. Unless I'm just super lazy/impatient one day, I think I'm gonna try to do at least minimal coloring like this in all my drawings going forward. (I say "minimal coloring" because there's almost no shading at all, but nixing that shaved off quite a bit of time, and I figure some color is better than no color.)

Also, this was actually my first-ever attempt at legitimately drawing Konata, and that's probably pretty evident!