Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 07-06-2018, 11:51 PM   #381
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

To Thane:

We have different definitions of more than that, I suspect.

Indeed, outside of otakudom, I doubt we have anything significant in common.

I do not know anything else to say to you.

May the Deity forgive you, and help you to see the light.

Sayonara.

To anyone:

From The Daily Banter:

The Magnitude Of The Fight Ahead Of Us

Trump's Stolen Children Are Being Deliberately Abused

Trumpers Have "Gone Clear" And Nothing Will Shake Them Back To Sanity

Yes. Yes, they do.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:02 AM   #382
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

First off his name is God. Secondly, i cant load youtube. And thirdly, given your insult, bite me.
Old 07-08-2018, 09:35 PM   #383
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

I probably missed a lot. Just going to quote the one replying to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane of Cawdor View Post
Possibly. But in retort to KC, a LOT (more than me) of conservatives do see liberals as "pot smoking group of atheists who believe purely in "tax and spend" and talk over their lattes."
And that's exactly the problem.

Most on each side are not that stereotype. Most fit within a spectrum, with most people favouring some Democrat policy and some Republican policy.

To judge the "other side" as the epitome of what you stand for (as oppose the multiple shades of grey that exist) is a massive overgeneralization.

Quote:
And I will call a bias here because the liberals have overwhelming control of the media, thus the dubbed "liberal media."
Depends where you go. Many of the UK's "rag" newspapers (those which are publishing unverified trash) are conservative in nature.

A similar trend has occurred with online sources in recent years. Many of the "fake news" websites used to propagate dumb sounding stories (such as the Pope endorsing Bernie Sanders) tend to be placed by conservative sources.

That said, many traditional sources are "progressive" on that linear spectrum.

An excellent website I've used recently to help point out which sources are "good" and "bad" is linked below. My personal opinion is that the sources you want to "trust" are Associated Press and Reuters (which try to avoid any sort of emotive language and are "just the facts").

Spoiler: show

Quote:
These on the news, these liberals are SO polarized, SO angry that you get "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" issue, where people say 'just to piss off the EPA, im going to buy a gas guzzler and put in a carburated 540 engine to offset a thousand Civics.
Man, I'm glad I don't talk to these types of people all that much. Way to keep lowering the bar of common decency.

The moral high ground is a thing. The non-violent protests by Gandhi are an excellent example of "winning" by holding it.

Quote:
In my eyes, I see the democrats so polarized that even I once considered "well i was a moderate in the middle but now im gonna have to become a psycho super-rightwinged conservative just to keep my rights."
They're polarized, but not in the way that I think you see it.

There are old guard Democrats. The "red" Democrats who were half in, half out on certain portfolios. They forced their way in 2016 and pushed Clinton as their nominee. Clinton, Shumer...those are the old guys. Obama was certainly part of this crowd (as he and Clinton actually match on most topics).

Then there are the new Democrats. An uprising of the youth vote which saw Clinton lose and have decided that they need to try a new tactic. And they want to lead the party more progressive. The direction Sanders would have attempted.

The Democrats are a mess at the moment. This is very much a civil war and decision time for the Democrats. The message "vote for us because we're not Trump" is not good enough. Clinton proved it. So they need to present something of value...and what they want is something they need to sort out in the next 2 years (with midterms being much more personal to each riding).

Right now, most of the Democrat's momentum is coming from the Republicans losing it and vice versa. That is, they have taken significant beatings over being unable to solve the border crossing issue and the separation of children from their families (down to 38% from 41% - https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com...ex_cid=rrpromo . Dates used were middle of June to today). But they also gain momentum when the Republicans seem to "do something good" (up 37% to 40% by passing the tax reform).

Quote:
Yes the polarization is worse, but for now Trump is pushing the pendulum to the right side, which i like,
To accept the pendulum becoming more and more unstable because it suits you is fairly shortsighted. The pendulum eventually goes the other way and I'm not sure you'd like a Sanders-esc Democrat Congress and President.

The government should support what its people want. And, as you yourself are even an example of, the voters aren't like that. They are more of your mentality that "well, they are closer to what I want"...letting the parties slowly drift into Tea Party and #Resistance (a common name for this heavily progressive side) is bad and helps nobody really.

Quote:
Unless you're all with me in a restart of congress altogether.
I'm all for it.

- Make more parties (3-4...Democrats, Republicans, Tea Party, and something further progressive of Democrat)

- Destroy the Electoral College (president is instead done the same as most other governments - head of the party running the government in the House...so in the USA, that'd probably be Ryan at the moment).

The Commonwealth system makes more sense than your convoluted mess any day of the week.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me – Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 07-08-2018 at 09:39 PM.
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 09:58 PM   #384
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

No, given my view of canada, and by OUR definition we consider canada a commonwealth, i dont like it. And by total restart of congress i dont mean removing the electoral collage which can be passed by one law, i mean a borderline revolution, and yes in my eyes, making things more conservative, because as time passes, countries tend to grow more conservative. i site America, the majority of Europe, even china (started as communism but most major cities are basically capitalist), and the list goes on. then you have unformed true governments like tribes in africa and south america that havent changed at all, good for them for holding onto their ideals.

and you proved it, that chart is wrong. you have foxnews labeled as nonsense, and we know thats not true, though people will use hyperbole to say it is just cause its not their side. You may be thinking of fox's commentary which are biased speaking, which is not news, its an opinion, an editorial. Lots of people don't seem to know that though. I think that media bias chart may be the norm in very liberal countries, perhaps canada, but as for america, we are still more right-side shifted.
Old 07-10-2018, 05:02 AM   #385
Kid Charlemagne

From New York magazine, by Jonathan Chait.

Will Trump Be Meeting With His Counterpart--Or His Handler?

Yes. Yes, they do.
Old 07-10-2018, 06:23 AM   #386
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Interesting opinion, I for one think that Trump is playing Putin, not the other way around. But I'd prefer to go with Number 2 from austin powers in saying 'there is no world anymore, only corporations.' when we had basic for-profit companies, id prefer them running the world, governments only make laws. its all about soft power, carrots and sticks, we're all better off doin what we want. But we've got companies like facebook and starbucks with "empowerment" bullshit and their cause. Fund your charities, that's cool, but they're more influential than governments should be.
Old 07-10-2018, 02:07 PM   #387
Kid Charlemagne

Trump is playing Putin?

Oh, Madoka help us, you still think he's some sort of financial and political genius, instead of the charismatic frontman (though his charisma fails to work on me) for smarter men, especially Putin.

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 07-10-2018 at 02:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 04:40 PM   #388
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

So you think hes an idiot and made his money by random chance? Okay, tell us what Putin wants to accomplish by having Trump as president.
Old 07-10-2018, 08:44 PM   #389
Kid Charlemagne

Quote:
So you think hes an idiot and made his money by random chance? Okay, tell us what Putin wants to accomplish by having Trump as president.
He inherited the fortune from his old man, then squandered it in a series of bad deals, accompanied by defaulting on loan payments, to the point that no bank in the USA will lend him money, and he had to go to the Russians for money.

The Russian Government and the Russian Mob (but I repeat myself) OWN him, and maybe own (and/or have kompromat on) other Republicans now.

What does Putin want?

How about the splintering and poisoning of relations between the USA and its closest allies, perhaps leading to the disintegration of NATO?

How about an abrasive US Prez with no self-control who insults and outrages everyone outside his cult-like base of supporters, plunging the USA into domestic turmoil, which hampers its ability to influence the larger world?

How about, Ascended Madoka help us, a US Prez who will actually feed Russia US intelligence?

From Chait's article to which I linked in post #385:
Quote:
Shortly before Trump’s inauguration, according to Israeli journalist Ronen Bergman, Israeli intelligence officials gathered at CIA headquarters, where they were told something astonishing: Russia, the agency believed, had “leverages of pressure” over the incoming president. Therefore, the agency advised the Israelis to consider the possibility that Trump might pass their secrets on to Russia. The Israelis dismissed the warning as outlandish. Who could believe that the world’s most powerful country was about to hand its presidency to a Russian dupe? That the United States government had, essentially, fallen?

A few months later, Trump invited Russian diplomats into the Oval Office. He boasted to them that he had fired “nut job” James Comey. “I faced great pressure because of Russia. That’s taken off.” At the same meeting, Trump passed on to the Russians a highly sensitive intelligence secret Israel had captured from a valuable source inside ISIS. It was the precise danger Israel had been cautioned about.
7 letters, starts with "T"...

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 07-10-2018 at 09:11 PM.
Old 07-10-2018, 10:37 PM   #390
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

You really believe all this stuff, don't you? I saw your articles, heavily biased, and what I also saw was lack of actual concrete proof. Not "according to Jim" on the news, I mean actual documented stuff. I heard this exact same thing about Obama. And FYI, no other country OWNS America. Don't forget, its 'live free or die', we Americans (at least I know I'm one) will not be enslaved, we do not get owned, we're Americans. I'd want to see irrefutable proof before we kill Trump for treason. If russia is screwing America right now...they're doing a pretty piss poor job. look at here, and look at Russia. My uncle used to fly from New England to Moscow almost monthly, there aint a person over there who wouldn't prefer Russia be more like America.