Konata's lover

Honestly lucky star is my secret
tyfan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #22
Aristobulus
Violet☆Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simply Hiiragi View Post
I'm open about it and people know I like it, but I don't know anyone else who likes it or who watches anime in RL unless they actually come up and talk to me about it.
I have wallpapers for my computer and cell. I have LS pictures up in my room and other anime to along with non anime stuff. I have a Kagami plushie that sits in my room and anyone can see it when they walk in. I have 1 t shirt and I wear it once in a while and I haven't gotten anything negative from it or any of the anime merch I wear. I only own a few anime shirts the rest are band shirts or normal stuff like AE. Iv'e watched LS a bunch of times so iv'e been seen watching it even.

I don't see any reason to hide what your interested in and i'm a proud Lucky Star fan and I will be until the end. I'm level headed about it though I don't go around talking about it non stop or getting in anyone's face about it. I only talk if someone else talks to me or I have something to say, but I still don't hide that i'm a fan.
If people are going to think differently of me just cause i'm a fan of LS or anime or anything else than that's there problem not mine. You should really get to know the person first instead of going off of what they wear or are interested in. There's more to them than just that.
I don't usually worry about it that much and again iv'e never received any negative impact about it iv'e been ok. I know it's not for everyone and that's fine with me everyone is different and has there own likes and dislikes and what not.
This is pretty reasonable and what my stance has been for a while. I don't hide my interests, but I also try not to obsess to the point where it's all I talk about even to people that don't care.

Not to say I don't have obsessions or that LS isn't one of them - it is - but I try to restrain myself from gushing to people that aren't willing to share that with me and don't want to hear it.

But these people will probably still know I like LS, it just doesn't get in the way. I did manage to find a Kagami keychain which I've pinned to my bag I carry around with me too, so that's a way I'm public about my love of Lucky Star/Kagami. And my laptop, which I take which me, has a Kagami desktop/theme.

I have LS stuff in my room but that's really not the same as taking something out in public.

You're pretty reasonable and I like that.
Old 08-26-2014, 07:55 PM   #23
YuiKonata
I disappear!

I know a few who have watched it and liked it, to an extent. I personally like LS for what it is, even if it's just random things about girls in high school. I like anime a lot, and some people I've met do too. I hang out with people who share the same interest of anime with me. LS is one of those series that I like, but to the point where I don't go on and on about it. It comes and goes like other anime, but still has a place on My Anime List.

I don't have any friends who enjoy LS as much as I do, but I do have people that watched it and also enjoy the other animes that KyoAni puts out. I have no merch from LS, but if I got the opportunity to get some, I'd buy it, even if others look at me differently. I'm fully open to being an Anime fan, but not fully enough to be a LS fan in public.
YuiKonata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2014, 09:55 AM   #24
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

I don't outright say lucky star in particular, but I don't deny watching anime and reading manga. I usually just include it along with a bunch of other similar shows if I do get asked about it.
furball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 07:09 AM   #25
そうじろう
Man Behind the Curtain

The closest I get to public display is with a shirt I have that's a parody of the Adidas logo that says cornet. lol
そうじろう is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2014, 10:24 AM   #26
Phil
Waiting for the Clouds

Oh, this thread opened in my "offline-phase."

Well, most of the public does not know what the heck LS is anyway. So ...

If it comes to the question, what I like to watch I also name anime (along with series and movies and (good) comedy shows). If this person than throws some trivialized facts on my head or wants to know more about anime I would say that there are a lot very different genres. Ls falls into (anime based) comedy, slice of life and parody.

I don't own fan stuff, I don't even can if I want because I live a dogs life. But it's the only Manga I own. I bought the volumes happening after the anime series because it deserved it for me. This show got me understand this special "anime-feeling". But I don't show it to everyone. The volumes just are somewhere in my room.
Old 01-20-2016, 10:12 PM   #27
Misao
Posting Freak

I discovered Lucky Star in the middle of January in 2009.

Yep, it's my 7th anniversary of it. :3

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #28
XxLordxX
Holy Headbanger Knight

Happy anniversary Misao!

As an update, currently I'm not open anymore about Lucky Star, it's not something that is prominent in my life, and whenever asked about Anime I talk about Monogatari usually. However, if someone wants to know more about my story with animes then I will, of course, tell about L*S.
Old 01-20-2016, 11:18 PM   #29
Misao
Posting Freak

I'm not open about the show either. Except at conventions. I made an effort to attend more conventions out of state in 2015.

Do we have a convention thread?

2008 was a time in my life where I knew my employer wasn't on good times. I was laid off in November. It was the first time when I was without any source of income since graduating college, so I had no idea how to freelance and just rolled with it (I'm an artist). I had to live off unemployment benefits for a while. My habits changed, my schedule changed, my health changed, my moral dropped, I slept in more. So, I went and discovered more anime. Lucky Star was the first one, and was the first real moe anime I ever saw, it actually taught me was moe meant. Then it got me into Haruhi, and other shows.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote