Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion

Old 04-13-2017, 06:55 PM   #1
VK-Skelton
Witch

Lucky☆Star - 10♡year Animeversary

On the 8th of April, 2007, the first episode of the Lucky☆Star anime adaptation aired in Japan.

April 2017 marks the 10 year anniversary of this!

What a long strange trip it's been.

Although it wasn't until, I believe, July when LuckyStarFans.com, the predecessor to this site, came online (those with long memories will recall LSSF began following that site's end in 2009), this is still a pretty significant date in LS history! So yeah, here's a thread to talk about... well, the 10 years. How has your life changed in the past decade of Lucky Star? Has the world become a better place because of Lucky Star's influence?

I'm sure most of us weren't around for that very early time. I believe I only began watching the show in summer 2007 (and anyone around at the time will recall the delays in a.f.k.'s subs!), and I'm sure a lot of us only came on board following the release of the show's dub, or even the manga's release outside of Japan!

Although the manga has been running since December 2003, had it not been for KyoAni's adaptation I'm sure most of us wouldn't be here (and I'm certain this site wouldn't exist!) so here's to a significant decade in LS's history! And a decade more, I guess?

Last edited by VK-Skelton; 04-13-2017 at 09:03 PM. Reason: typo
VK-Skelton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 07:20 PM   #2
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

I still love Lucky Star. Its a relaxed show, its a great cool down and I admit if its sunny out, episode 6 is still entertaining to watch. There were times I'd watch it and then get in my car and cruise with the windows down, enjoying the warm summertime. I still think this is a good show by modern standards.

This is also the first anime I watched by choice. It also got me into fanfiction, which lead me to my other staple shows like Strawberry Panic!. If it weren't for this show and its beginnings, I wouldnt have found doujins (I had never read for fun or read a comic before either.) I may not be writing yuri stories or reading fanfics and yuri doujins on my tablet every night. SO i for one have a lot to thank for this show.

And I miss LuckyStarFans!
Old 04-14-2017, 12:13 AM   #3
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

Banzai! 10 years of Lucky Star!

Now if only we could get more seasons...

Meanwhile, fireworks time!

Link to much larger version (4021 x 2907).

THIS Link goes to a page where you can download the wallpaper which is not only my all-time favorite LS wallpaper, but my favorite wallpaper, period. ^_^

Another thing I love about LS is that it introduced me to yuri shipping. Here's my favorite pairing:
Spoiler: show

Yes. Yes, they do.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 10:49 AM   #4
brupielink
The LSSF Clockmaker

Lucky Star is the second anime I've ever watched (right after Haruhi, so the references were uncanny). Love the dub, still has a special place in my heart and one of the only series where I own some of the manga.
So yeah, still keeps me relaxed and entertained after all these years.

...Has it really been 7 years since I joined? And it's still relatively active for a show this old. Amazing.
Old 04-14-2017, 08:45 PM   #5
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Even though I don't hold LS as highly as I once did I still have a lot of fond memories of both watching and reading it. I always make myself busy in some way or another, but I would at least like to reread the volumes I have relatively soon, just to see how they've held up.
It really is hard to believe it's been 6 years since I joined here, maybe 8-9 since I first watched LS. It's been a long time, yet to some extent it only feels like yesterday.

My life hasn't been that tumultuous through this span of time, but a lot of things have changed from how they were back then. I wonder what things will be like in 10 more years.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:01 AM   #6
Misao
Posting Freak

I discovered Lucky Star in the middle of January, so this is kind of news to me, but still, this is a momentous occasion!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 02:59 PM   #7
Kid Charlemagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
I discovered Lucky Star in the middle of January, so this is kind of news to me, but still, this is a momentous occasion!
Which January do you mean? I know you've posted on this forum before January 2017.

Yes. Yes, they do.
Old 04-15-2017, 03:44 PM   #8
VK-Skelton
Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
Which January do you mean? I know you've posted on this forum before January 2017.
Sure, but that doesn't mean he knew what the forum was for

Maybe he's a big fan of indie horror games
Old 04-15-2017, 04:06 PM   #9
Misao
Posting Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
January 2009.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2017, 08:20 PM   #10
Kid Charlemagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misao View Post
January 2009.
Thanx.

Two of the finest Lucky Star fanfics ever, by RezleVettems:

Lucky Summer, and its sequel, Lucky Future

In case anyone here does not know this, they are both Konata x Kagami fanfics.

On the tiny chance that anyone here does not know what "Konata x Kagami" means:

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 04-15-2017 at 08:36 PM.