Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion

Old 12-28-2016, 10:43 AM   #1
McKnight

Miyuki w/ braces: Possible?

So, to start off, I do understand that braces are not all that common in Japan as they are in the west, hence why no one in anime wears them.

But, if they were, I'm sure Konata would have some fetish for them. Especially on Miyuki, who's already established to wear glasses (ultimate moe!).

That being said, even though we rarely see anyone's teeth in the anime, I'm pretty sure the characters themselves would see eachothers' just as often as we see eachothers' in real life.

So, assuming she doesn't already have them, one can tell that, given how painful they are for a few weeks after they're applied, the idea of getting them would scare Miyuki shitless.

On the other hand, if she already has them, then after the pain wears off, going to the orthodontist to have the bands and wires replaced probably wouldn't be nearly as big a deal as going to the dentist to have her teeth themselves drilled. However, Konata has more than once commented on her glasses (eps. 1 and 6 come to mind), so I'm sure she would also likely have commented on her teeth if she wore those, be that to begin with or at a later point.

Does anyone here think that to establish her to already have braces, say, in the middle of a fanfic spanning a few months directly after the anime, might conflict in general with what the anime has already shown us?
Old 12-28-2016, 05:41 PM   #2
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Why does Miyuki have so many dental problems, anyway? She doesn't seem to eat an unusual amount of sweets, and I would think she'd be the sort of person who would be conscientious about oral hygiene.

Maybe she has some congenital disorder?
Old 01-23-2017, 12:47 PM   #3
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

It could be, I can't think of any other reason why she have so many dental issues.
Nyanacopter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 01:52 PM   #4
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

i still have bad teeth but i don't wear braces...well i don't really care about them.
Davidandreis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2017, 02:35 PM   #5
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

I suppose it's not for everybody, I don't think I can imagine Miyuki wearing them.
Old 01-23-2017, 02:41 PM   #6
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

well..you got the idea.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:53 PM   #7
McKnight

I'm pretty sure she wouldn't wear them by choice, but then again, neither do most kids her age who wear them. It's usually the parents who pay for them.
Old 01-23-2017, 10:11 PM   #8
Nyanacopter
Top Secret Member

Never thought of that, but it's possible, in any case, it's quite a mystery.
Old 01-24-2017, 01:13 PM   #9
Davidandreis
Mangaka Assistant

It kinda sucks to wear them though.