Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 10-28-2018, 04:53 AM   #71
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Damn this is some population control. I bet we have more shootings than any other country, even the middle east. I forgot we had THAT many, stuff thats local thats 2 or 3 I either forget or never saw.
Old 11-08-2018, 07:24 PM   #72
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

Just to give an idea of how quickly mass shootings happen in the USA, since the last post, two mass shootings have happened.

- The lower profile one was in Tallahassee, Florida. A man who seemingly identifies as an "incel" (Involuntary celibate, a mostly male belief structure which basically reads "I'd like to have sex but women won't let me") entered a yoga studio and shot the women inside. The result was 2 deaths (7 inflicted injuries, all but 1 by shooting) and a suicide of the shooter. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2018_Tallahassee_shooting )

- The higher profile one was in Thousand Oaks, California. A man entered a bar and shot people inside with an illegally modified handgun (high ammunition capacity) while throwing smoke grenades around the bar. The result was 13 deaths (11 patrons, 1 officer, shooter) and a currently unstated number of injured. No motive has been proposed yet, but the shooter is a known marine veteran and it has been suggested PTSD played a factor. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thousand_Oaks_shooting )

(Quick aside as this is something interesting that came up while I reading about this: it sounds like "news" groups like the hilariously sketchy Project Veritas originally reported the shooter in Thousand Oaks as "middle eastern", based on initial reports by a witness. The shooter has been since identified as white. Just something to note if you do your own research as many seemed to jump on the wrong ethnicity)

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:22 AM   #73
Kid Charlemagne
Antique Flatulence

Spoiler: show