Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > Lucky Star > General Discussion

Old 05-15-2013, 11:38 PM   #1
McKnight

So, what kinds of food do Tsukasa and Konata cook?

To start off, I do remember that Tsukasa and Kagami baked cookies and a strawberry cake to have with Konata and Miyuki in episode 4. Tsukasa watches a cooking show and keeps repeating "balsamic vinegar" late in episode 5, shows her friends how to cut a carrot in Home Ec class during episode 16, and Kagami thinks of Tsukasa telling her that she baked madeleines.

Other than that, I'm not sure what else Tsukasa and Konata already know how to make, even though they are both good at cooking, even though I've watched each episode a few times before. Could anyone please fill me in?

Last edited by McKnight; 05-17-2013 at 12:49 AM.
McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
Kagami

I imagine they mostly cook Japanese standbys, being Japanese and all. Konata likes to make chicken curry rice, she has said.

Other than that you've already stated a lot of the obvious yourself.
Kagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 12:56 PM   #3
McKnight

I see.

Well, the reason I'm asking actually pertains to my fanfic Starbound. Here's the link before I continue:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8895129/1/Starbound

Here's the deal: I needed a reason for Tsukasa to come along for a journey that the other girls have to embark on, since she's one of the core characters of the franchise. Konata and Miyuki do give their own reasons why she should come, but Kagami initially argues that she has no powers to fight with (the only real advantage anyone else of them now have), and that she would just get become The Load. Her cooking skills become the reason Kagami changes her mind, after those of an OC whom they've become friends with turn out not to be so great.

I do realize, though, that Konata also has this advantage over their new friend in the fic, although Tsukasa will also have the advantage of not having to undergo any stress from developing a sixth sense (read the fic to understand; will be mentioned within the next chapter or so).

As for what kinds specifically... that actually has to do with a fangame adaptation of the fic that I hope to get people interested in developing, once I finish the fic first. Before anyone calls me a noob, I am aware that the actual completion of such a project is highly unlikely (not least of all for legal reasons), although it has been done more than once before. But, should it come to that, Tsukasa and Konata (especially the former) would have the role of cooking meals for the party, similar to how anyone can do so in the Tales video game series. Therefore, even though the party will travel across the world, enabling those two to learn all different recipes wherever they go, it would still be better if they started off with only a handful of recipes each and learned more one at a time even while they're still bound to Japan to start with, rather than starting off with every single one Japan has to offer.

Last edited by McKnight; 05-16-2013 at 01:00 PM.
McKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 08:00 PM   #4
Kagami

That's an odd thing to get all detail-oriented about. Just look up a few standard Japanese recipes and assume that both of them would be perfectly capable of making any of them. Educate yourself.

Also, Konata would probably not be as willing to be any group's cook if she were in a game scenario. She'd be far more occupied with other interests. She'd probably be happy to hand the job over solely to Tsukasa.
Kagami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2013, 12:01 PM   #5
BlueAuraEX
The Blue Aura

Well, I can see how this would be something interesting to talk about. However, this is coming from the perspective of someone who can't cook worth balls, so yeah, that might be why it interests me. Derp...

"What is love? Baby don't hurt me. Don't hurt me. No more." "Gimmi my Yuki!"
BlueAuraEX is offline   Reply With Quote