Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Anime & Manga

Old 07-16-2018, 11:31 PM   #1
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Hanebado!

Hanebado! is a new anime airing in the Summer 2018 season based on the manga of the same name.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAL
Ayano Hanesaki, a first-year student at Kanagawa Prefectural Kitakomachi High School, has a badminton ability able to surpass others effortlessly yet avoids playing the sport. She meets Nagisa Aragaki, a third-year student who practices day and night aiming to become the best player in Japan. Encouraged by coach Tachibana Kentarou, supported by club colleagues, and fired up by various rivals, the two engage in their youth and adored sport so thrilling like a shuttle flown at high speed!
I'm loving it so far, badminton is serious business
Old 07-17-2018, 11:04 PM   #2
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Loving this so far as well. Super ready to smash that download button when the full OP comes out too
Old 07-17-2018, 11:50 PM   #3
Misao
Posting Freak

I am watching this, but I doubt I will cover each episode in this thread. I am taking a break from that.

FYI, you may notice that women's sports are oddly underrepresented in anime to the point where they barely exist. This anime and Receive aim to change that, and yet they're both covering very similar sports, volleyball and badminton. Why? ... because those are both extremely popular women's sports in Japan!

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 03:09 PM   #4
sheepgoesmeep
(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*・゚✧☆

Riko's so nice, I hope she'll still get plenty of screentime despite not having a match to play anymore.

I read the first chapter of the manga this week and there really is quite a big difference. The manga's more jokey, Coach Tachibana is kinda the main character and instead of scouting her at the tennis club he meets Ayano when she parkours up a tree :P
Old 08-11-2018, 03:35 PM   #5
Misao
Posting Freak

I find it difficult to keep track of who is who. It doesn't help that a lot of them have the damn same face. Hopefully the simuldub will make it easier to understand it.

http://i908.photobucket.com/albums/a...g?t=1268457898
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote