Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > General Chat

Old 06-20-2018, 02:59 AM   #341
Kid Charlemagne
Might as well jump--JUMP!

Spoiler: show

25:45 actually, but the point is no less valid.

Jesus loves the little children.

Our national contingent of petaQs might want to remember that.

EDIT:

THIS JUST IN: Godwin suspends his law.
https://twitter.com/sfmnemonic/statu...rc=twsrc%5Etfw

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 06-20-2018 at 03:36 AM.
Kid Charlemagne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:39 AM   #342
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

This has gone too far, you guys spend SO much time researching these comparisons, do you do it all day? All the immigrants have to do is come in legally. All the effort they spend coming to America, you think some could be spent on trying to fix their own country. How was America formed again? There's option 2. I have sympathy but this crap pisses me off, all these comics, theres millions of em!

Ok im tired of these protests 'familes belong together.' No one said your kids couldnt go back with you! I believe we set a precedent years ago, search "Elian Gonzales" to see what that was. America is not breaking families, your parents broke a law, when they get deported, your kids go with you, how hard is this? Reagan had amnesty in the 80s, george bush jr had amnesty, didnt work out well in the 80s, if ya didnt take advantage of that...

Last edited by Thane of Cawdor; 06-20-2018 at 03:42 AM.
Thane of Cawdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 03:42 AM   #343
Kid Charlemagne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thane of Cawdor View Post
This has gone too far, you guys spend SO much time researching these comparisons, do you do it all day? All the immigrants have to do is come in legally. All the effort they spend coming to America, you think some could be spent on trying to fix their own country. How was America formed again? There's option 2. I have sympathy but this crap pisses me off, all these comics, theres millions of em!
If the jackboot fits, wear it.

Yes. Yes, they do.
Old 06-20-2018, 04:56 AM   #344
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Once again, proving you only talk with pictures, and they're for other liberals cause I have no idea what that one means. Okay, what is it? (hint: if a joke has to be explained, it missed the mark). Granted im an outsider regarding politics.

And that post you just posted....that's not what you originally said! Hehe
Old 06-20-2018, 06:51 AM   #345
kirant
I won't go 'til it's over

Quote:
This has gone too far, you guys spend SO much time researching these comparisons, do you do it all day?
Literally everything I state can be found on the first page of Google hits. It's not exactly scouring the internet.

Quote:
All the immigrants have to do is come in legally.
I should point out this practice is also being used on legal asylum seekers.

Also, your legal immigration systems are stressed to capacity and many times, they have to wait months upon months to hear back. Your immigration system is woefully understaffed to the point where I honestly back Ted Cruz's idea purely because it proposes doubling the number of immigration judges you'd have and might fix your system slightly.

One thing I'm not sure you understand is that most people do not attempt illegal immigration because it's an easy out or a way to cut the line. Most people do it because there is no better option and that they're desperate.

I'm not saying what all of them are doing is right. Far from it.

What I'm saying is that many times, illegal immigration is often the best move for those who attempt it. They know it's wrong and they know it's dangerous. But the other option is often much worse and much more dangerous for their health.

Quote:
How was America formed again?
According to your Statue of Liberty, by bringing in the tired, the poor, and the huddled masses yearning to breathe free. The wretched refuse, the homeless, and tempest-tossed.

Which sound a lot like the people at the border right now.

Quote:
Ok im tired of these protests 'familes belong together.' No one said your kids couldnt go back with you!
Nobody said that babies and children should be removed from their parents while they await hearings either.

Nobody's saying you have to accept these people who get caught doing something illegal. But instead, that families are being ripped apart while their case is pending (which can take forever given your flooded system).

I'm sure you don't have a kid, but imagine you had one. Someone you're desperately trying to find a new life for. Someone you'll work your whole life to support. It's blood, sweat, and tears, but you hope that they'll be able to live what is the true American Dream: to be rewarded if you can do well.

And to be separated from that person. That person can't take care of themselves well. To not know if they're okay while some faceless government organization turns you around and tells you to go home.

Now think of it from the other angle: you're a child. You've grown up with a parent who does their best for you. They may grumble, they may complain, but they still clothe and feed you. They're mom and dad.

They think it's best for you to escape your original home life. Be it because of political violence, criminals, or just that everybody is starving. And, due to no fault of your own, you're now being pulled away from them. You're in a new environment. A child of <10. And all the psychological safety nets around you are gone. No parents, no friends...just a bunch of adults and other kids that you don't know.

It's heavy emotional torque and a stress on both the parent and child to not be willing to wait out the extradition together.

Quote:
America is not breaking families,
Except Sessions decided to default to "let's prosecute everyone", which results in "let's break up all families".

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated May 30 - A Letter to a Younger Me Anime Edition

Last edited by kirant; 06-20-2018 at 06:56 AM.
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #346
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

This is a bad situation that never should have happened. Its like how bad women on welfare crank out babies just for a check, never should have allowed it to be started.

Kirant, you're wrong. I asked how america was FORMED, not what's on a statue given to us. We got tired of a government treating us like crap so we fought. maybe that's not an option for the mexican people, but, as you wont see daily like I have here, the number of Mexicans barking about Mexican pride, yet they're here. If I were to get political, it'd be something along the lines of...say let's go buy mexico. the people can't rebel against their government like we americans did, so let's help. we help em revolt by buying the country and wiping out the drug cartel for them. make mexico a better place, then you dont have so many people trying to leave. These discussions have been done over decades, it sthe same shit, the same people protesting and using shock value, and you know i detest shock value, using a crying child on TV to guilt everyone. Yeah, everyone does that, stop using your children. SO I get tired of people blaming trump, all these people saying poor mexicans, why does no one ever blame the mexican government? WE let so many people in, these people vote, use our roads, and dont pay taxes, itd be SO much cheaper to do what Texas might do and take over the country. You can tell me your morals on this but bottom line in 40 years, tell me it wouldn't result in a better outcome, rather than our system now, which has proven sicne the 80s to result in the same thing. So. Build a wall, or full on mexican revolt, but I go back to the American law of 'ignorance of the law is no excuse' so dont act like the parents of these kids aren't blameless.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:49 AM   #347
Kid Charlemagne

Quote:
Once again, proving you only talk with pictures, and they're for other liberals cause I have no idea what that one means. Okay, what is it? (hint: if a joke has to be explained, it missed the mark). Granted im an outsider regarding politics.

And that post you just posted....that's not what you originally said! Hehe
Yes, I redacted myself because the pinks do still come around here once in a while.

No. I am DONE explaining things to you. Kirant may have the patience for it, but I do not.

Yes. Yes, they do.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:51 AM   #348
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

wrote 4 pages, back button messed up, will retype tomorrow maybe. this is what i get for trying chrome opposed to netscape.

PS kirant thats not how america was formed, youre reading text off of a statue.

PPS KC, you didnt explain things, you found more hyperbole comics again.
Old 06-20-2018, 07:54 AM   #349
Kid Charlemagne

Quote:
wrote 4 pages, back button messed up, will retype tomorrow maybe. this is what i get for trying chrome opposed to netscape.

PS kirant thats not how america was formed, youre reading text off of a statue.

PPS KC, you didnt explain things, you found more hyperbole comics again.
What part of "I am DONE explaining things to you" did you not understand, mister?

EDIT:

2ND EDIT: Removed because of some evidence that what I had posted in the 2nd edit may be Russian fakery.

Yes. Yes, they do.

Last edited by Kid Charlemagne; 06-20-2018 at 05:16 PM.
Old 06-20-2018, 05:30 PM   #350
Thane of Cawdor
Yuri connoisseur advisor

Ya see? for the third time you didnt explain a thing! You proved me right again, by yet again posting a political picture, like that 'we can only speak with pictures' thread. And FYI, regarding the Nazis, that 'excuse' that they were following orders actually was accepted in many cases, those who felt threatened that they would be killed for not following orders, there were those who were not conviced on the grounds of such. Note the movie from the 80s regarding "the wave" about a teacher who was fired due to his recreation of the nazi party in a high school to make a point to a student, explains mob mentality and such.