Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Go Back   Lucky Star Shrine Forums > General > Games & Computers > Touhou

Old 11-04-2012, 02:40 AM   #11
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

The purely aerial combat will certainly be interesting. I'm also curious as to how they're going to do spell cards in this game.

Also, for those who didn't yet know, a demo will be released this December at Comiket 83.
Old 11-04-2012, 05:31 PM   #12
Droote
No longer Lonely European

Nice graphics, nice music and I loved how they were in the air all the time!
Droote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #13
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

And we have a new video of the gameplay, in which we get to see additional characters(not fighting, but still):

Edit:

The trial has finally been released :D
For characters, we've been given Reimu, Marisa, and Ichirin.

The music is also fantastic, as per usual.
Old 12-31-2012, 11:23 AM   #14
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

:O Ichirin....... I hope we get someone good as well... maybe Kogasa and Admin.
ronelm2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:53 PM   #15
DevaPain026
Nico Nico Nii~ Holgan

Ichirin's cool , I hope they'll include Mokou , Nue , Keine and some other of my favorite characters
Old 01-04-2013, 04:18 PM   #16
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

> Prologue says Taoist

Definitely Admin and Byakuren will be there.
Old 05-20-2013, 11:50 PM   #17
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

Since the 17th, Tasogare Frontier has been revealing a new playable character(along with an image of their stage and their last word) each day.
The current list(which I guess I'll be updating) is:
(spoiler'd if you don't want to know)
Spoiler: show

Hakurei Reimu
-Last Word: Fantasy Heaven; It's difficult to get off, but Reimu hits the opponent and floats out of existence, bringing down a monstrous number of amulets, dealing loads of damage.
-Special Ability: spirit gauge recovers a bit faster and she can teleport to the other edge of the screen ala Yukari in SWR and Soku.

Kirisame Marisa
-Last Word: Sungrazer; Marisa sweeps up, hitting the opponent, and flies away on her broom, coming back to hit the opponent very hard(Think Blazing Star but cooler because opinions).
-Special Ability: Every time she uses a laser based attack, a star will light up next to her spirit gauge. When all 3 are lit, the next laser based attack will be stronger than usual.

Kumoi Ichirin + Unzan
-Last Word: Traditional Era of a Splendid Old Man; You basically control Unzan for a period of time, it's really cool.
-Special Ability: As she takes damage, the character next to her spirit gauge gradually gets larger and more red. When it has reached it's peak, Ichirin will turn red, and for a period of time, deal increased damage, whilst taking less damage than usual.

Hijiri Byakuren
-Last Word: Angirasa Veda; as far as I can tell, it's a really powerful laser attack that's difficult to escape from.
-Special Ability: Byakuren must chant a sutra before she can use a special attack (z+x+->, for example). As such, her attacks are fairly powerful, but hard to combo into. To help compensate, her melee is very good.

Mononobe no Futo
-Last Word: Reform by Great Fire; bottom of the screen becomes a blazing arena of fire
-Special Ability: She starts off weak, so in order to get up to par, she has to place plates around the battlefield. When she breaks a plate, she gets a small stat boost, making her attacks more powerful. Some attacks set plates, others do not.

Toyosatomimi no Miko (with a damn fine cape)
-Last Word: The Divinely Appointed Stateswoman; Sword strike that creates a very dangerous area in the center of the screen. If inside this area, you cannot block or graze, and you will take much damage.
-Special Ability: As her popularity increases, she draws in more desires from the crowd. The more desires she has, the more powerful her attacks become. When she loses popularity, the desires also decrease, decreasing her power. There's a point after which you acquire or lose enough desires in which the color of her cape changes(purple to red), so you don't have to look at the bottom corner. The icon for the ability is seemingly based off the gaijin 4koma meme.

Kawashiro Nitori
-Last Word:Super Scope 3D(Assuming I can into Katakana well); ala Solid Snake in Brawl, Nitori moves back and fires a weapon at the opponent.
-Special Ability: She starts off each round with 999 battery power. As she uses certain attacks, the battery power will decrease. If the battery power reaches 0, you may not be able to use some attacks. She also has more control over floating to the center if you go up or down. As such, she can only fire in parabolic arcs, or directly above or directly below her.

Komeiji Koishi
-Last Word: Brambly Rose Garden(once again assuming I can into katakana); it appears as though a bunch of roses appear on screen creating a treacherous battlefield.
-Special Ability:

Images here:

My thoughts:
Byakuren was a given, and I'm excited to play as her. The having to chant a sutra thing kind of worries me, but I think it'll be fine.

I feel like Futo will be really interesting and that's about it.

My respect/admiration for Miko shot up a ton. Dat cape. Dat title: Almighty Taoist who Governs the Universe.
She'll be quite fun to play.

Nitori was revealed later in the day than usual, so /jp/ was getting antsy, especially considering the official poster for the game was released only showing Byakuren, Miko, and Reimu. Apparently, U2 Akiyama woke up late, which was why the delay occurred.
I think most /jp/ers and myself were fairly confident that Sanae would be revealed today, but suddenly: Nitori out of nowhere, and all residents of the Moriya Shrine in the background for her stage(at this point, most people(including myself) are taking background status as unplayable status, though who knows).

Welp, Koishi is playable, so I'm extremely happy :D

Last edited by Gondolin; 05-21-2013 at 01:41 PM.
Gondolin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:16 AM   #18
ronelm2000
Kazumiism/Yuiism Author

Koishi is playable. This game is already Godly.
Old 05-26-2013, 04:18 PM   #19
Gondolin
The Hidden Rock

The full game has been released!
Other than the characters revealed on Tasofro's website, the game also gave us:
Futatsuiwa Mamizou, and a new character: Hata no Kokoro (her thing is masks)

There's also a patch on Tasofro's page for the game fixing what they call a 'nuclear landmine' of a bug.
Old 05-26-2013, 08:29 PM   #20
furball
Facetious Troll Mod

I'm actually surprised Sanae isn't in this since she seems so ubiquitous. Also, Nitori is Snake:
furball is offline   Reply With Quote