Thread: World Politics
View Single Post
Old 01-12-2017, 12:33 AM   #5
kirant
Just another Friday night

I have to admit, I think that press conference by Trump went way better than I thought it would.

(Background - Trump hasn't had a press conference in...ages)

So...to summarize...he:
- Went on 20 minute rant about the election voting results. And the polls.
- Said "in-dust-tree".
- Ranted on fake news despite being one of the strongest "birther" movement pushers and claims Obama created ISIS.
- Decided to tank pharmaceutical stocks by ranting about them.
- Said "much hacking" (such amaze, much wow)
- Got his attorney on stage. That is crazy. I can't even remember the last time a president (or president elect) had to retain one during speeches, let alone use one.
- Denied CNN from asking a question (calling them fake news). I swear both of them sounded like 8 year old children. Also, he took a question from Breitbart News right after, well known for...amazingly bad headlines.
- Kept bringing up the irrelevant Hillary Clinton
- Inspired a comedian to make this amazing tweet:
Quote:
Jim Gaffigan ‏@JimGaffigan
I can't believe this show was picked up for four seasons.
...And, prior to all that, applied Godwin's Law on Twitter.

Quote:
Intelligence agencies should never have allowed this fake news to "leak" into the public. One last shot at me. Are we living in Nazi Germany?
Oh, your poor innocent soul. You think after picking a fight with intelligence agencies, they'll stop now? Incidentally, yes, they really DO believe this stuff is true. They wouldn't spread gossip in daily briefings to the head of state for the sake of spreading gossip.

I guess in short...he did a better job roasting himself than Alec Baldwin could ever do. I can't wait to see how SNL tops it. Or, hear about they top it as they decide Canada isn't allowed to see it.

When Canadian media says they haven't seen anything like it before...it has to be pretty special. We live in a world where:
- One of our ex-Prime Ministers (Pierre Trudeau, 1970s) pirouetted around the Queen around to show disdain, openly told people to just watch how much military he'll put on streets to prevent urban terrorism, and had to be told by Thatcher that he was acting like a child.
- Another ex-Prime Minister (Jean Chretien, 1990s) has told media "There is no pill for stupidity" in reference to Trump, fought off a protester by grabbing him by the neck and throwing him to the ground, and had this to say about proofs:

- We've had a provincial premier (Ralph Klein, 1990s) who didn't completed their high school education before entering politics, yelled at a 17 year old page (basically a delivery boy for government documents), and yelled a people in a homeless shelter.

Ruri's Law: The vast majority of people are idiots (including myself)
Shameless Self-Plug - Updated September 29 - Danganronpa 3: The End of Hopeís Peak Academy
kirant is offline   Reply With Quote