View Single Post
Old 11-21-2015, 04:20 PM   #17
Posting Freak
Originally Posted by Shiraishi-kun View Post
George Lucas has spoken up on not having any creative input on the final product, saying that he wasn't keen on Disney making a movie "for the fans", and wanted to continue the series as a "family soap opera" saying it's always been that way and "people don't realize that". He equates the acquisition from Disney and walking away from The Force Awakens to a breakup.

Personal opinion: If you needed any more proof that George Lucas is a giant prima donna, this is it. He claims Disney wasn't keen on having him involved, but that's probably because they saw what he wanted to do in the series and knew it was a fucking terrible idea. Because, you know, the prequels worked out so well, which is why there are a million fan edits trying to salvage said prequels into respectable films and a million more jokes about how badly he bungled the story and writing in them. I respect Lucas for bringing the franchise into existence and setting the groundwork for it, but aside from the first film back in 1977, every time he's had creative control of the series has been a disaster. He needs some perspective. know Lucas, you could've ended the conversation with "I had no creative input", instead of going on to make presumptions about the fans you evidently hate. Didn't YOU agree to let Disney buy the franchise? Do you have any right to say this?
I am a fan of the dub. It was the dub that introduced me to Lucky Star, and is great. Just to let you members know this beforehand.
Misao is offline   Reply With Quote