Lucky Star Shrine Forums

Lucky Star Shrine Forums (http://forums.luckystarshrine.com/index.php)
-   General Discussion (http://forums.luckystarshrine.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   The simple questions thread (http://forums.luckystarshrine.com/showthread.php?t=4946)

McKnight 11-20-2014 10:20 AM

The simple questions thread

Since a lot more people go here than to TV Tropes' Headscratchers page for the franchise, this thread might be worth sticking for anyone with questions too simple for their own threads.

-----

Anyway, here's my first question: I've just rewatched the scene at the New Year's festival in episode 12, and noticed (for only the first time) that Konata and Soujiro are actually wearing some casual winter clothes instead of their kimonos, and so are the few sideline characters who are shown in any detail at all. Isn't a traditional festival like that exactly what kimonos are for?

Asking because of a future scene I've planned out in one of my own stories, which will take place at the following year's festival. This actually came up yesterday between me and a friend of mine, when I asked her what kind she'd want a certain character representing her to wear.

YuiKonata 11-20-2014 11:55 PM

Here's my question: Where is the Lucky Star Shrine (the real life one)? My vacation to Japan's moved back to 2015 (so excited!) so I need some places where I can visit and I know the shrine is one of those places if I can go.

XxLordxX 11-21-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by McKnight (Post 216966)
Anyway, here's my first question: I've just rewatched the scene at the New Year's festival in episode 12, and noticed (for only the first time) that Konata and Soujiro are actually wearing some casual winter clothes instead of their kimonos, and so are the few sideline characters who are shown in any detail at all. Isn't a traditional festival like that exactly what kimonos are for?

Spoiler: show
Asking because of a future scene I've planned out in one of my own stories, which will take place at the following year's festival. This actually came up yesterday between me and a friend of mine, when I asked her what kind she'd want a certain character representing her to wear.

I'm not sure about my answer, but I believe that some people aren't traditional enough to follow all traditions. For example, a friend of mine who went with me to Dream Theater (a metal band) concert wearing his normal clothes instead of choosing a band's T-Shirt at least, aren't metal concerts the place where you should use your band T-Shirt? I believe the character will wear the clothes that she thinks more convenient, if you want a character that is more traditional and Japanese go for the kimono, if you want a character that is going just because of the event itself, then go for the casual winter clothes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by YuiKonata (Post 216991)
Here's my question: Where is the Lucky Star Shrine (the real life one)? My vacation to Japan's moved back to 2015 (so excited!) so I need some places where I can visit and I know the shrine is one of those places if I can go.

Do you mean this one?
http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Washinomiya_Shrine

YuiKonata 11-21-2014 12:23 AM

^ Thanks Lord!

Phil 11-26-2014 03:14 PM

-> Scratches his (three-day) beard:

The most simple questions might have the most difficult answer. What's life? Why do we live? What is behind the universe? Why does Adam Sandler still get jobs as a screenwriter?

We might never know.

McKnight 01-27-2015 10:22 PM

Anyone know what the following tracks are called?

1) The one that plays when the Hiiragi sisters are making paella (ep. 17), and then during the woods segment of the OAV. (Not Hiiragi 4 Shimai; that's the song that plays right after in both instances.)

2) he song that plays during the New Year's festival in episode 12?

3) A certain song that revolves around Tsukasa (such as when she runs the sports festival hurdle race in episode 8).

In fact, why are there songs from the anime that aren't listed in this YouTube playlist, even though there are songs that never even played once or during the OAV? Is there anywhere where I can find the whole soundtrack?

Droote 05-31-2015 04:41 AM

I still wonder why this thing is called Lucky Star.

GenerallyBananas 06-01-2015 12:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Droote (Post 224819)
I still wonder why this thing is called Lucky Star.

I think its just a snappy title so that it catches your eye

Snap4Life 06-01-2015 05:26 PM

Im not sure but i thought that in one episode the girls have a sleepover and they see a falling star

Droote 06-02-2015 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snap4Life (Post 224880)
Im not sure but i thought that in one episode the girls have a sleepover and they see a falling star

That doesn't mean much unless that happened in the manga as well, which was started 3 years before the anime.